Do makeup brushes and their variations bewilder you? Does the number of brushes and their purposes freak you out? You’re not the only woman on the planet to face the same problem. Fact is unless you’re a professional, it’s quite a difficult task to differentiate between the various makeup brushes based on their uses.
The size, shape, length, density vary according to the makeup. You must have noticed numbers being designated to brushes and this might further intensify your dilemma. But worry not ladies, we’re here to guide you.
1. FOUNDATION BRUSH:
It is mainly used to smoothen the cream foundation. Begin from the middle and blend the cream outwards. This brush is also used to apply eye concealer. Make sure that you opt for the writing brush or else the face might look cakey.
Here are 2 Best Foundation Brush:
Nyx Professional Makeup Flat Foundation Pro Brush
- Tapered Brush
- For liquid or cream formula
- Gives an even streak-free application
- Densely packed bristles
MAC 187 Synthetic Duo Fiber Brush:
- Used for the lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments.
- Densely bristled brush
2. BEAUTY BLENDER:
This might look like a sponge but it is so much more than that. It helps in lifting off the surplus makeup and gives a smoother touch. Completely wet beauty blender is the best since a beauty blender is always dehydrated and it is necessary to dense it with water. This will help to blend the makeup easily. Also, you can apply powder to remove the excess.
Here is the Best Beauty Blender:
The Original Beauty Blender
- Latex-free, non-allergenic and, odor-free makeup sponge
- Non-disposable sponge
- Gives an air-brushed finish
- A very sheer coverage because of the pointed end
3. KABUKI BRUSH:
Also known as Mushroom Brush that’s flat and rounded. It has a short stem and dense bristles. This brush is used to cover the face with powder.
Here are 2 Best Kabuki Brush:
Colorbar Crazy Blending Kabuki Brush
- Densely packed bristles
- Full Coverage
- Great for highlighters, loose pow, er and bronzer
- Not too expensive
NYX Professional Makeup Pro Kabuki Brush
- Dome Shaped makeup brush
- Gives Airbrush finish.
- Ideal for smooth and even powder coverage.
- Made with synthetic fibers.
4. POWDER BRUSH:
This is also a round brush with bristles that gives a finish to any cream or liquid or powder foundation. Unlike Kabuki brush, this brush is a long. Usually used to apply near cheekbone areas.
Here is the Best Powder Brush:
Nyx Professional Makeup Powder Pro Brush
- Full brush perfect for an easy application of loose or pressed powders
- Lightly sweep and blend for nice
- Even coverage
5. ANGLED BLUSH BRUSH:
Like any other brush, it too has bristles but slanted ones. Helps to apply products around the cheekbones. Alternatively, it is used for the application of contour powder especially darker shades below the cheekbones to focus on the natural contours.
Here is the Best Angled Blush Brush
Morphe Brushes G4 – Angled Blush
- Gentle to skin
- Perfect for buffing out bronzer or applying foundation.
- Fits easily into the curves of the face
- Even finish
- Synthetic Bristles
e.l.f. Studio Angled Blush Brush
- Use with cream, liquid or powder blush, bronzers or highlighters
- soft dense bristles
6. CONCEALER BRUSH:
Concealer brush blends the makeup and since it’s bristling are synthetic, they don’t absorb products as much as brushes made from natural hair. It provides an extra coverage and helps to hide spots and blemishes and also clean messed up lipstick at the edge.
Here is the Best Concealer Brush
NYX Professional Makeup Spot Concealer Pro Brush
- Flat brush ideal for spot concealing blemishes and imperfections.
- Also doubles as a flat eyeliner brush
- Made with synthetic fibers
e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush
- Designed to conceal blemishes, and even out skin tone
7. ALL-OVER EYESHADOW BRUSH:
Used to apply powder and cream eyeshadows smoothly. It helps to get the hot smoky eyes makeup.
Here is the Best All-Over Eyeshadow Brush:
Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow Brush
- Extremely soft and full bristles
- Versatile brush
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- No shedding
- easy to control the amount of product to apply
8. BLENDING EYESHADOW BRUSH:
These brushes have extremely soft and fluffy bristles that blend many shades of eyeshadow all together. It is also used in brows to fill them, cheekbones and cupid’s bow.
Here is the Best Blending Eyeshadow Brush:
Morphe M433 Pro Firm Blending Fluff Eyeshadow Brush
- Seamless finish
- Natural hair
- Blends effortlessly
9. SMUDGER BRUSH:
As the name suggests, it smudges the eyeliner in case you wish to have smoky eyes look.
Here is the Best Smudger Brush:
Colorbar Smokin` Eyes Smudger Brush
- Smoke your way to seductive eyes with this domed smudger
- Blends eyeshadows and liners for some serious smolder
- The curvy tip controls how much color goes where, with minimum mess
e.l.f. Smudge Brush
- Short curved brush
- Perfect for contouring and enhancing definition around the eye.
10. ANGLED EYELINER BRUSH:
Angled Eyeliner brow is a savior for those who always fail to get that perfect winged liner or any style of a liner. It is alternatively used to fill sparse eyebrows.
Here is the Best Angled Eyeliner Brush
Nude By Nature Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Flawless eye makeup application
- Creates lines of ultimate precision along the upper and lower lashes
- Stiff bristles
11. Fan Makeup Brush
The flat fan shape brush allows for even and soft definition, making it an ideal tool for powder, cream or liquid highlighters. It used for dusting off excess powder from the eyes and creases of the nose and eyes, without leaving traces in its wake.
Here is the Best Fan Makeup Brush:
Sigma Beauty – F41 Fan Brush
- Long, fanned bristle
- Gentle highlighting
- Apply powder, liquid, or cream highlighters to high points of the face
- Sheer Coverage
e.l.f. Studio Fan Brush
- Soft, absorbent
- can be used with wet or dry products
- Use to lightly dust on powder or to contour.
- Create soft color over the cheeks or apply a touch of loose powder to cover shine.
- Unique fan shape blends for a flawless finish.