No matter how many shades of lipsticks you own, it’s never enough. The insatiable fetish for lipsticks is inevitable, isn’t it, ladies? Bet you can’t differ!
“Flowers in the city are like lipstick on a woman — it just makes you look better to have a little colour”
-LADY BIRD JOHNSON
There’s always a shade for your mood. Funny? Not even kidding! Feeling low? You need some red. Feeling peppy? Pink it is. In a mood to experiment? Neon’s here for you. It’s like a magic wand, key to confidence for ladies around the globe.
A lipstick is, indeed, a woman’s best friend. But how well do you know your best friend?
Here are 7 lessen known quirky facts about lipsticks that you just can’t miss out:
- In case you think that you’re crazy about lipsticks, guess what? Queen Elizabeth, I was a sucker for lipsticks, so bad that she wore it even on her deathbed! Can you imagine?
- Ever wondered how the pigments in your lipsticks are so shiny? Thanks to fish scales. It lifts your lipstick the shimmer and all the jazz it needs.
- Guerlain’s KissKiss Gold and Diamond lipstick priced around $62,000( around INR 43,40,000)! So basically you spend a fortune for this concoction of 18-carat gold and 199 diamonds!
- Hazel Bishop( Remember the name!) for he’s the one who developed smudge-proof lipsticks while working in a dermatologist’s lab post World War-II
- Lipsticks were the emblem of emancipation back in 1912 when feminists marched the Suffragette rally, led by Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, and many others.
- Who said lipsticks are meant for women only? In antiquity period, Egyptian women, as well as men wore lipstick made of wood and colors like magenta, orange, and red as a symbol of status.
- Lipstick instantly makes you feel like a Goddess. It stimulates confidence and it’s nothing new. This fact was established back in World War II by Winston Churchill, who believed that lipsticks pumped the morale. Can’t deny, won’t deny!