Winter is a tough time for your skin. The low humidity causes drying of the skin and the cold winds suck all the moisture from the skin. The mercurial drop takes away the glow from your skin making it look dull and lifeless. As the skin dries out, it further causes cracking and bleeding. The worst part is that you just can’t escape winter! But you can definitely retaliate if you want to. If you’re someone who’s always struggled with these winter woes then you should know that this year won’t be the same.
Comply with these 5 top winter skin care tips to make your skin glowing.
1. Tepid Water For Bath:
We all know how we all hate bathing during winter but dodging your bath isn’t the answer. Instead, use tepid water/warm shower. Lukewarm water relaxes your body muscle and increases the blood circulation. It revives your body and gets you going with your daily chores.
Also, it removes all the dirt and pollutants from your body as the lukewarm water rolls down every inch of your skin.
2. Moisturization Is Mandatory! :
Your skin loses all the moisture during the hostile cold winter and in order to retain skin’s moisture, moisturizer is a must. Your skin demands something supple and smooth and a moisturizer serves the purpose. Here’s a piece of advice: Go for the oil-based moisturizers with natural essential oils such as argan, lavender and jojoba oils. Applying moisturizer just after you’ve had a bath or washed your face helps to lock the moisture.
Moreover, moisturize your skin before you go to bed. Moisturize your elbows, toes, feet, and knees to get a happy skin the next morning when you wake up.
Tip-Carry a lip balm where ever you go, to keep chapped lips at a bay.
Who said the sun can’t harm you during winter? You need protection from the sun throughout the year, be it summer or winter. Hence, never neglect sunscreen during winter. Use shawls and scarfs to cover your body from snow, chilled winds, and rain.
4. Are You Drinking Enough Water?
A cup of hot coffee might be your resort during winters but water is the only liquid that has the potential to hydrate your skin. Make sure that you consume enough water each day. Kick start your day with lukewarm water with lemon, make it a morning regimen.
5. Exfoliation, Cleansing, and DIY Masks:
- EXFOLIATION is essential during winters in order to get rid of dead skin cells accumulated on your skin.
No matter how much you’re applying moisturizer it won’t yield any result if there are dead skin cells on your body. Opt for a nice exfoliating body wash.
- CLEANSERS can further make your skin dry. But the right cleanser can change your life. If you think your cleanser isn’t doing its job then switch to Suki Naturals Moisture-Rich Cleansing Lotion.
- DIY MASKS: A homemade natural mask made up of jojoba oil, olive oil, banana, honey, and yogurt can fight the various side-effects of winter. Try it this year and get astonishing results.
MAY YOUR WINTER BE JOVIAL AND FREE FROM SKIN WOES! CHEERS!
- Best Cold Creams To Take Care Of Your Skin This Winter
- Best Homemade Face Packs For Glowing Skin In Winter
- Get Winter Ready Skin With These 5 Hacks
- 5 Precious Winter Hair Care Tips You Shouldn’t Miss Out
- Skincare Tips For Oily Skin In Winter