Last Updated on March 3, 2019 by Team Tikli.in
Nothing breaks our heart like unhealthy, lackluster, dry and damaged hair, isn’t it ladies? Are you tired of having every day as a bad hair day? The most common dry hair problem is, no matter how many satchels of the conditioners you apply on your hair, nothing seems to quite work on your favor. Your hair’s thirst for moisture is hard to quench, even after applying the conditioner on your hair strands religiously after every shampoo. Fact is your hair needs something that moisturizes your hair to the core. Sounds odd enough but avocado does the job.
Yes, avocado is the knight in the shining armor for your ‘tress’ in distress. This quirky fruit hailing from South Central Mexico is all that you need to feed your moisture hungry tress.
Reasons Why You Should Switch To Avocados For Your Hair:
1. High Nutrient Content
Vitamin A, D, E, amino acids, magnesium, folic acid, iron, and copper are the main contents of an avocado. Dry hair usually falls a victim to dehydration. All these components help in retaining the moisture that your hair tends to lose on a daily basis due to exposure to harsh sun rays, pollution, and traveling.
2. Hair Growth
Avocado guarantees hair growth. It strengthens the hair cuticles, establishes an unbreakable bond between your hair strands and scalp. Gives the extra love that it needs. Proteins, vitamins, and minerals in avocado alter the damage in your hair and replace it with smooth and shiny hair.
3. Shoos off Dandruff
Has dandruff become a permanent resident of your scalp? We know it’s hard to get rid of this super obnoxious flaky fungus. Avocado’s anti-oxidant property is the key. The natural oils of avocado are to be thanked for this.
4. Brings Back The Bounce
Miss how as a child you had bouncy soft shiny hair? Getting your hair trimmed once in a while won’t hurt. Post-haircut, get into a serious mission of protecting your hair from further split ends and damage and treat it like a new beginning, use avocado for further assistance. Avocado aids in eliminating the brittles and rough split ends. Use avocado for a trip back to your childhood and get soft and bouncy hair all over again.
Here are some selected Avocado Hair Masks for the weekend hair rejuvenation session
Avocado and Coconut Hair Mask:
- For this mask, you will need a ripe avocado and 3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil and a shower cap (optional).
- In a vessel of your choice, keep on mashing the avocado till it gets lump-free and adds 3 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil to it.
- Stir it well and drench your hair and scalp entirely with this mixture.
- Put on your shower cap and give it 20 minutes to stay.
- After that apply a mild shampoo and rinse it off completely.
The reason why this mask could make it to our list is that coconut oil and avocado are a deadly combination. Coconut oil quells the frizz and avocado provides a protecting layer to your hair.
Honey, Olive Oil, and Avocado Hair Mask:
- Another excellent elixir for your weekend hair retreat has to be this hair mask.
- 2 tablespoons of honey and olive oil and a ripe avocado must be at your disposal for this hair mask prep.
- Pour the ingredients in a mixer grinder to get an absolute lump-free mixture. Start with an application on scalp till the ends of your hair strands.
- Give it 20-30 minutes of hiatus and wash it off with your favorite shampoo.
- For quicker results, apply this mask twice a week.
Honey, Lemon, Aloe vera and Avocado Hair Mask:
Heal your hair with aloe vera and avocado this Sunday.
- Aloe vera is well known for its mesmerizing abilities to heal, both skin and hair.
- Lemon and honey both help in accentuating the hair growth clearing off the dead skin cells from your scalp and making way for brand new ones.
- Combine 2 tbsp of honey and the juice of one whole lemon squeezed with 2 tbsp of aloe vera and mashed lump-free avocado to get the magic potion.
- Covered your locks and scalp with this concoction for 30 minutes and then rinse off well to obtain the hair of your dreams.
Mayonnaise and Avocado Hair Mask:
- Let your hair and scalp taste the goodness of 1 cup of mayonnaise and a ½ ripe avocado.
- In a vessel, mix them both to obtain a san lump avocado and mayonnaise paste.
- Drench the entire mixture all over your head and let it reside there for 20 minutes.
- And as usual, wash it off thoroughly. Mayonnaise is extremely powerful since it has the egg yolks, vinegar, and oils that work phenomenally with avocado.
- It deducts the roughness and dryness from your hair and gifts a great texture to your hair post this mask application.