Last Updated on April 10, 2019 by Team Tikli.in
Heat rash is a hurting skin condition that frequently occurs in hot weather. The symptoms of heat rash consist of small clusters of tiny, raised bumps on red, irritated skin.
A prickly, burning or itchy feeling may also come with heat rash. Although it can come out anywhere on the body, heat rash frequently appears around skin folds, including:
- In the neck
- Near the groin
- Under the arms
It occurs when sweat pores turn into blocked from too much sweating. You’re most probable to get heat rash if you exist in a hot, humid climate. Babies are particularly likely to get heat rash, mainly if they’re overdressed. The majority of the time, heat rash isn’t serious. It frequently goes away on its own in chilly temperatures. Still, it can be very uncomfortable. It can get worse if too much sweating continues.
Let’s seize a look at some ways you can quiet heat rash at home.
1. Oatmeal Bath for Heat Rash
Oatmeal will help out to exfoliate the skin and clear the blocked sweat ducts. This home preparation for prickly heat is outstanding for getting relief from the itching and inflammation if any.
You will need
- 1-2 cups oatmeal
- Lukewarm water
- A bathtub
Take an oatmeal bath and soak yourself in it for 15-20 minutes. You can too use the oatmeal to scrub the affect areas softly.
2. Aloe Vera Gel for Heat Rash
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of aloe vera gel aid ease various types of skin rashes; include those caused by prickly heat. It will aid get better inflammation and also ease the redness. A wonderful skin softening and hydrating agent, it also avoids skin from dehydration.
- Pluck an aloe leaf and slice it. clutch out the natural gel in the leaf into a bowl.
- Apply this onto the affected part of the body and massage it in.
If you cannot put down your hands on an aloe plant, use an aloe-rich moisturizing lotion.
3. Chickpea Flour for Heat Rash
Chickpea Flour is also called gram flour, chickpea flour pack acts an antiseptic for the skin. It eliminates the impurities that are clogging the pores and also exfoliates the dead skin cells. This home therapy will give relief from the itching and prickling sensation.
- Make a semi-solid paste of chickpea flour using some water.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash off the paste.
4. Baking Soda for Heat Rash
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) can soothe itchy skin. It’s also great for most of us have in our pantry. This makes it a huge home remedy for heat rash and other itchy skin conditions.
- Add 3 to 5 tablespoons of baking soda to a lukewarm bath and soak for about 20 minutes.
5. Raw Potato for Heat Rash
It will relieve the itchy and prickly sensation as it is peaceful for the skin. It is moreover an emollient.
- Piece up the potato and apply the slices on the affected area.
- Leave the slices up to 10-15 minutes.
- Clean the area with cool water.
- You also can wipe the areas with the slices. Make this every day.
6. Unscented Talcum Powder
Talcum powder reduces sweat by absorbing perspiration. In turn, this makes sure the pores aren’t blocked. Use unscented talcum powder, as scents may irritate your skin. Apply a tiny on sweat-prone areas like your underarms, backs of your knees, and inner thighs. Cover the skin and let it sit as if it were an antiperspirant deodorant.
7. Hydrocortisone cream For Heat Rash
A mild steroid cream such as Hydrocortisone 1% can be used to reduce heat rash. It’s accessible over the counter at any pharmacy and can be applied once or twice a day to calm itching.
8. Ice Cubes for Heat Rash
The coolness of the ice will relieve the skin and ease the redness and the irritation.
- Put the ice cubes in the towel and softly place this on the affected skin.
- Carry on it for as long as you can.
You can also set the ice cubes in some water and let them melt. Use a soft cloth soaked in this chilled water to apply the affected skin. Repeat this until when you feel irritation and itching.