Lemon water is a great refreshing drink. It is called an excellent drink because it contains the nutrients necessary for the proper functioning of the body. Benefits of lemon water is not only for the body but also refreshes your skin from within and ensures a glowing and bright outlook.
Lemon water is a good drink all over the year but its significance is really increased in the sizzling light of summer season. It is one of the best supplies of powerful antioxidant Vitamin C. Let’s take a look at some wonderful benefits of the lemon water which help you to stay fit and healthy all through the day.
Benefits of Lemon Water for Health
1. Aids in Digestion
Taking lemon water in the morning supports good stomach health. Lemon water helps the stomach to break down foods thereby ensuring better digestion while it also aids in the production of stomach juices.
2. Balances the PH levels
Lemon water has a wonderful ability to balance the pH levels in the body. Although being citrus fruit lemons are loaded with vital minerals which are good for your body. So, drinking lemon water on a usual basis will help in neutralizing our body by making it alkaline and reducing acidity.
3. Immune System Booster
Lemon juice is full of vitamin C which is a vital nutrient that our body requires to fight viruses and certain diseases like cold and flu. So drinking lemon water every morning can improve the immune system, as a result, you don’t get to catch illnesses repeatedly.
4. Helps with Weight Loss
Drinking lemon water is excellent to drop extra calories. It is having a fiber named pectin that fulls your desire of eating more. Having usual warm lemon water in the morning is really beneficial for those who wish for weight loss and for those who are facing fatness. Both pectin and polyphenols act like hunger suppressor and give the sensation of fuller stomach.
5. Simulates Brain Function
Lemons are naturally infused with a good quantity of potassium which serves as a wonderful food for the brain. Potassium helps combat stress and is necessary for clearing mind the mind as well as enhancing brain and nerve function. Taking lemon water in the morning saturates our body with this mineral and lets our brain work at its best.
6. Improving Eyesight
Lemon is enriched with vitamin C and vitamin C is very good for improving eyesight
7. Protect Against Anemia
Drinking lemon water can help enhance the body’s ability to absorb iron from food.
Lemon water can boost your enzyme function and stimulate your liver. The citric acid in lemon helps the body naturally lush out any unwanted toxins.
9. Dental Care
Lemon juice is also very helpful in toothache. It helps in getting relief from tooth pain.
Recommended Read: How apple cider vinegar can help you in weight loss? Find out here
Benefits of Lemon Water for Skin
10. Helps in Healthy and Clearing Skin
Lemon water is full of antioxidants and Vitamin C that are highly useful for the skin. Regular drinking of lemon water will nourish the skin and fix damages.
- It will remove acne and toxins.
- Cares for skin infections and helps fade out scars.
- It will repair the skin making it fresh, flawless and radiant.
- The vitamin C present in the lemon rejuvenates and detoxifies the facial skin from inside and keeps it clear, bright, and young.
- One who uses lemon juice frequently was able to manage wrinkle-free skin.
Benefits of Lemon Water for Hair
11. For Healthy and Luscious Hair
Lemons are overloaded with nutrients that are necessary for healthy hair.
- Drinking lemon water is rich in vitamin C which is very important in boosting collagen production that helps hair growth.
- Its antifungal properties also help keep scalp health.
- Lemon water is a usual remedy for preventing hair from getting oily or greasy. It decreases the secretion of oils in the scalp and prevents blockage of hair follicles.
- It is also great for dry scalp and dandruff. The citric acid content of lemon juice helps fight dandruff naturally and helps in restoring the normal pH balance of the scalp.
- It also has antimicrobial properties that fight the fungus that causes the form of dandruff.