Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Team Tikli.in
Coronaviruses are a large family of different viruses ranging from mild symptoms to hardcore respiratory problems. The Virus which broke out in the Wuhan Province of China has taken over the entire world and now has even entered India. The affected people are kept in quarantine but the thing here is that the virus spreads way too fast and is contagious from one person to another and also from one object to a person. For instance, if a person suffering from coronavirus sneezes or coughs while covering his mouth with his bare hands and then opens a door or touches any object then the germs or more precisely the virus gets transferred to the object where it can sustain for days and if you get in contact with such infected object then within no time the virus will infect you. Forget interaction with humans, we need to be safe while handling any object or touching anything.
While the WHO(World Health Organization) is busy developing an antidote for the virus, we must engage in protecting ourselves from coming in contact with this virus and hope for the best.
Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronaviruses are an assemblage of a number of viruses and responsible to cause diseases to mammals, birds as well as human beings. It can cause infections in the respiratory tracts that are mild, for example, the common cold, though rarer forms such as MERS, SARS, and COVID-19. The new Coronavirus has been declared as an extraordinary event by the WHO. There is a set of instructions that are released by the WHO to identify this highly contagious and fatal virus.
Enumerated below are some symptoms outsourced from WHO:
- Fever, cough, breathing difficulty.
- Weakness or inability to work in the usual way.
- Body pain.
- Problems in the respiratory system.
- Sudden occurrence of any viral disease
It is advised that the person should seek medical help if he/she observes any of these above-mentioned symptoms and take precautionary measures.
Tips On How To Protect Yourself From Coronavirus (COVID-19)
1. Wash Hands
The WHO says that it’s not a great time for panicking but taking as many as preventive measures as possible. It suggests washing hands thoroughly with water and soap throughout the day. Try to wash your hands as soon as you come in contact with some outside object or touch something especially in public places. A better and handy solution is to carry hand sanitizer with yourself. Maybe the time has arrived when we have to make stringent use of Lifeboy, because ‘Lifeboy he jaha tandurusti ho waha’.
2. Do Not Touch Your Face
The WHO also suggests that we must avoid touching our faces. (Girls out there, it must a tough job).The genuine reason behind it is that our hands contain a lot of germ particles and if we keep on touching our face, nose, eyes or mouth then maybe the virus will find its way into us.
3. Wear a Mask
Masks are now considered sacred because we scarcely see them in the market nowadays because they have reached a nearby level of extinction because of higher demand and lower supply. Also, the available masks are very costly because of the increasing demand ( simple economics!!). Various websites and videos are available which shows ways to make homemade and sustainable face masks.
4. Sanitize your phone and laptops
Sanitize the digital goodies you frequently use because it contains more amount of germs then you can actually think. Try using some cloth dabbed in sanitizer or a brush to clean it at least once in a day.
5. Stay at home
The three magical words which an introvert is dying to hear are – stay at home and this is what the WHO says. WHO suggests that if you are having a cold, fever, flu-like symptoms or respiratory problems then visit a doctor and until further reports try to stay at home so that others don’t come in contact with you and won’t get infected.
Also, some other tips which one can follow are
- Rush to a doctor immediately if you feel you are facing or having the symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Avoid any sort of contact with anyone who has been sick lately.
- Check if anyone in your contact has any recent travel history to other countries especially China and if yes then try to get them their checkup for safety issues.
- Avoid eating raw or any sort of uncooked meat.
- Avoid coming in contact with live animals or the surfaces they may have touched if you visit live markets in areas that have recently faced the coronavirus cases.
- If you’re planning to travel then cancel your plans right away cause it’s not safe out there, unless and until it’s very important then do consult your doctor because a low immunity system makes one more prone to getting infected.
- Drink more water and try to gargle with warm and saltwater to keep the germs away.
- Wash clothes regularly and properly as Coronavirus stays on fabric for 9 hours.
And finally, try not to believe on any social media forwards and stick to the authentic website of the World Health Organization or the News Channels which are keeping everyone updated about the situation.