The papaya is a fruit abundant in taste as well as skin benefits. It is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, and is known to keep the body’s systems functioning at an optimal rate. Moreover, it helps with digestion which is an added bonus. There are numerous skincare benefits of papaya face pack for your face.
Benefits Of Using Papaya On Face
Natural Bleaching Properties
Papaya has a natural bleaching property which helps in lightening the dark spot and acne scars that are quite common and difficult to get rid of.
When it comes to skin benefits, this fruit contains high amounts of water and thereby, it will leave your skin moisturized and smooth.
The antioxidant property of the papaya helps reduce the wrinkles around your eyes and your mouth.
DIY Papaya Face Pack For All Skin Types
1. Papaya Face Pack For Dry Skin
For someone with dry skin, this recipe will be very beneficial because it contains honey, which has antimicrobial and therapeutic benefits. Additionally, this combination keeps your skin soft, supple, and smooth. Another important ingredient of this recipe is milk which contains lactic acid. This acid helps exfoliate your skin. However, if you are allergic to dairy, we do not recommend adding milk to the mix.
Here is what you will need: Half a cup of ripe papaya fruit, 2 teaspoons of whole milk, and lastly, one tablespoon of honey.
- Begin by chopping the papaya into small pieces and mash them.
- Add milk and honey to the mashed papayas
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a paste, it need not be completely smooth
- Apply this paste to your face and your neck. Leave it on for some minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this method once or twice every week for maximum results.
2. Papaya Face Pack For Acne-Prone Skin
The enzymes found in papaya help in cleansing the pores by unclogging it. Moreover, the honey contains antimicrobial properties which protects it from bacteria. And lastly, the lemon juice contains astringent properties which also helps in cleaning out oily pores, which are known to be the number one of cause of acne.
Here is what you’ll need: Half a cup of ripe papaya, one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon lemon juice and one teaspoon sandalwood powder.
- Cut the papaya into small pieces and mash them to make a paste.
- Add honey, lime juice to the paste and mix it well.
- Before adding sandalwood powder, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add sandalwood powder to the paste as well.
- Lastly, apply this paste to your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this step once every four days for better result.
3. Papaya Facial For Irritated Skin
This facial comprises of cucumber and banana. Let us learn about some of their benefits, a cucumber helps to hydrate and soothe your skin. It helps reduce irritation by reducing the level of sebum secretion in our skin. Secondly, a banana possess the hydrating property needed to supply your skin with the right amount of nutrients to keep it fresh. As a bonus, this facial also detans your skin and gives it a natural brightness.
Here is what you’ll need: a quarter cup of ripe papaya, half a cucumber, a quarter cup ripe banana. We recommend using a blender to create smooth textures for cucumber but mashing them is also fine.
- Cut the half cucumber into slices and blend them until smooth.
- Then, add papaya and banana into the blender in order to form the paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and neck and let is rest for 15 minutes
- Rinse off this paste with warm water, followed by a second wash with cold water to refresh the skin.
- Repeat this method once every week to soothe your irritated skin.
4. Papaya Facial To Tighten Pores
The protein found in eggs boosts the elasticity of your skin. Moreover, the egg whites feel naturally tighter after application which eventually helps in tightening of the pores.
Here is what you’ll need: Half a cup of ripe papaya chopped and one egg.
- Mash the papaya pieces to form a paste
- Separate the whites from the yolk of the egg, until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the papaya pieces to the yolk and mix ‘til fluffy.
- Apply this paste to your face and wait 15 minutes or until the mask is dry.
- Repeat this process once every week.
5. Papaya Facial For Oily Skin
Both orange and papaya contain vitamin C, which is believed to work as a natural astringent and helps to reduce excess sebum secretion. Additionally, orange and papaya are known to have skin brightening properties.
Here is what you’ll need: One ripe papaya and five to six wedges of orange.
- Chop the ripe papaya into pieces and mash it.
- Take the orange wedges and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Then, add the juice into the mashed papaya to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this facial twice in a week for optimum results.
We hope these tips will help you solve your targeted skin issue. As the papaya is an underrated fruit, a lot of its benefits can be overlooked but we hope this article has made you realize the numerous benefits it contains. The most important thing when it comes to skin care is maintaining a consistent and rigid routine. So, if you are unable to do these facials for a continuous time, the result might not be as good. We recommend maintaining a habit of of taking care of your skin for a glowing and brighter look!
Recommended Read: Top 10 Curd Face Pack For A Healthy And Glowing Skin