Have you forgotten your childhood days when you found bread jam or bread with sauce in your tiffin box? It was so fun to eat with friends.
Are you craving that again? How it will be if you replace the red sauce or fruit jam with peanut Butter. Yes, you read right!!
Peanut butter, which is more famous among both kids and adults, is now on everyone’s shopping list.
In simple words, peanut butter is a kind of thick paste, made from dry- roasted peanuts. Peanut butter can be used as a spread on toast or you can also have it with an apple pie on the top. To the best, people generally have this in breakfast due to a number of reasons.
It provides 3 macro nutrients in just 1 serving; Protein, Carbohydrates and fats. Also it is a great source of Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 , Vitamin B6, manganese, which gives peanut butter a tag of healthy breakfast. Talking about its taste, it feels nothing more delicious, healthier and smoother than this ever. It seems like a thick paste but melts soon when put in the mouth.
It is quite affordable and can be easily accessible In the market. Aside from this, it is also famous for its number of benefits it provides to people. Peanut Butter is more like 2 in 1. You will find Both taste and essential nutrients and that’s why it is celebrated in every home now.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
- Boost energy – It is recommended to have peanut butter for breakfast as it contains protein and carbohydrates which uplift your energy throughout the day. It acts like a booster for our body
- Increase in Weight – Peanut Butter contains fats about 51.4 g(79%) which is enough to gain weight. Take 1 spoonful of peanut butter on toast or with Apple every morning. It is rich in calories and fats. It contains unsaturated fats which assist in gaining Weight
- Vitamin as mentioned it is a great source of Vitamins E, Vitamins B6 ,Vitamin B3, which is an important requirement of our body to stay healthy.
- It makes our skin healthier and improves our eyesight. It contains a variety of nutrients.
- Peanut Butter is a good option to reduce appetite, mainly for kids. They crave sweet and tasty food all the time, so you can give 1 spoon of peanut butter as a spread on toast to them. This will fulfill their appetite and also provide them with essential Protein and nutrients.
We all know that peanut butter is easily available in the Market but if you want to bake it at home, then you are in the right way. We will make it possible for you to feed you all with this 2 minutes easy recipe to prepare peanut butter at home with just 4 four basic ingredients.
Recipe to Prepare Peanut Butter at Home
- 1 cup roasted peanut
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- A Pinch of salt
- And, 2 tbsp sugar ( as per the taste)
You just need to combine all these four ingredients and blend well until it gets smoother. What next? Nothing, we are ready with our tasty peanut Butter. Look how easy it is!!
Till now we read how healthy and tasty Peanut Butter is but let us aware you all with its darker side. No doubt, peanut Butter is one among the healthy foods to eat but what if you are obsessed and take it in an uncontrolled manner.
We mean to say that you can only reap the benefits till you are taking it in the right amount otherwise it will have a bad effect on your health. Take 1 tablespoon of it on bread rather than scoop.
Side Effects of Eating Too Much Peanut Butter.
- Weight gain – The one who is already suffering from obesity, should avoid taking too much of peanut butter. It contains unsaturated fats along with proteins, fiber, carbs and vitamins which in result unnecessarily increase your weight.
- Heart problems – peanut Butter is a food, if eaten in large quantities can increase your cholesterol which can cause diabetes and heart issues. It will have negative health effects due to oil packed in every serving.
- Hypertension – Over consumption of peanut Butter can also end with hypertension. As it contains added sugar, additives, preservative salt and hydrogenated oils and just imagine if you eat this excessively, then definitely it can disturb your mental peace badly.
- Allergic reaction
So, to avoid such health issues, you have to be very cautious regarding the amount of Peanut Butter you are taking. It can be anything you take in excess quantity that leads to some bad effects.
Not only this, if you are creative enough to make your evening more fun with Peanut Butter try Peanut Butter cookies. Yummy, crunchy and delicious for snacks. Just to make you feel cherry on the cake, we decided to wrap by handing out easy recipe of homemade peanut Butter cookies.
Easy Recipe For Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar for rolling
3 dozen milk chocolate candy kisses
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or by hand), beat together softened butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars and beat until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Form into 1-inch balls using about a tablespoon of dough for each. Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes then remove from the oven and gently place a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie until it cracks around the edges.
- Bake 2-3 minutes more until golden.
- Cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container for up to 3 days for maximum flavor and texture.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
When putting the cookie back into the oven with the kisses on top, watch closely. Do not let the chocolate burn, but you want it to get almost to that point. 2-3 minutes is usually perfect, but can vary by oven.
Recommended Read: How To Look Younger Than You Really Are